Hibernate Search 3.1.0.CR1 is out. Download it here.
One of the main work was to align more closely with the new Lucene features:
- read-only IndexReader for better concurrency at search time
- use of DocIdSet rather than BitSet in filter implementations for greater flexibility
- explicit use of Lucene's commit()
We have also added a few performance tricks:
- avoid reading unnecessary fields from Lucene when possible
- use Hibernate queries when projecting the object instance (as opposed to rely on batch size)
@DocumentId is now optional and defaults to the property marked as @Id. Scores are no longer normalized (ie no longer <= 1)
Many thanks to Hardy for literally hammering out fixes after fixes and making the release happen on time.